Drama Week Schedule
- Circus Skills Workshops A fun-filled day where children will learn how to perform circus skills. There will also be an opportunity for families to join their children after school for a workshop. Details to follow.
- Yr 6 trip to The Globe Theatre
- St. Helen’s College Drama Festival. Details below.
- 'Drama4All' workshops for Lower and Middle School
- Learning through Drama Day. Classes will be taught all of the scheduled lessons through the hands-on approach of drama.
- Oscars awarded. The winners of the Drama Festival along with the Playwright competition will be announced at assembly.
Drama Week Competitions
There will be two competitions for children at the Lower School (Nursery to Year 1)
Home made puppet competition
Children can make a puppet using any materials, but it must be the child's own work.
Puppet show competition
Using the puppets which they have made, or any other puppets, children can create a short show either by themselves or with friends.
There will be two competitions in which children in Years 2 - 6 can compete. The details of both competitions are listed below.
The children who enter the playwright competition (for Years 2 to 6) have been asked to write a play containing at least three scenes. The play can be as long or as short as is needed but must be the child’s work. Prizes will be awarded to the most impressive plays of each year group. The overall winner will have their play made into a movie (at school), starring children from St. Helen’s!
Playwright Competition entries will be collected by Mrs. Savage during registration on Monday 12th of November, 2012.
For the first time St. Helen’s will be hosting a Drama Festival, during which children from Year 2 to 6 can compete in presentation of monologues and duologues. Monologues should range from 2-3 minutes in length whereas duologues should last for 3-4 minutes.
Mrs Savage has spoken to each year group and given out the recommended monologues and duologues but if you are not happy with your child’s choice you can view the folder of options in the office. Feel free to also find your own suitable monologues and duologues via the internet or other sources. Some students have chosen to write their own.
To enter the Drama Festival children will need to give their names, along with the name of their chosen monologue, to the office staff by Wednesday 7th November, 2012.