- Circus Skills Workshops for Years 3 to 6. A fun-filled day where children will learn how to perform circus skills.
- Year 6 trip to The Globe Theatre
- Circus Skills Workshops for N to Year 2. The younger children's turn to have fun with circus skills.
- Circus skills for families - came and share the experience with your children - N to Year 1 only, 3:00 - 3:30 p.m.
- St. Helen’s College Drama Festival.
- 'Drama4All' workshops for Lower and Middle School (Nursery to Year 3)
- Learning through Drama Day. Classes will be taught all of the scheduled lessons through the hands-on approach of drama.
- Oscars awarded. The winners of the Drama Festival along with the Playwright competition will be announced at assembly.
Drama Week Competitions
There will be two competitions for children at the Lower School (Nursery to Year 1):
Home made puppet competition
Children can make a puppet using any materials, but it must be the child's own work.
Puppet show competition
Using the puppets which they have made, or any other puppets, children can create a short show either by themselves or with friends.
There will be two competitions in which children in Years 2 - 6 can compete, as follows:
The children who enter the playwright competition (for Years 2 to 6) have been asked to write a play containing at least three scenes. The play can be as long or as short as is needed but must be the child’s work. Prizes will be awarded to the most impressive plays of each year group. The overall winner will have their play made into a movie (at school), starring children from St. Helen’s!
For the first time St. Helen’s will be hosting a Drama Festival, during which children from Year 2 to 6 can compete in presentation of monologues and duologues. Monologues should range from 2-3 minutes in length whereas duologues should last for 3-4 minutes.