- Each class teacher writes a class blog on the school website at least once a fortnight, with information about class activities. The Nursery, Reception, Year 1 and Year 2 class blogs include weekly briefings on topics to be covered in class.
- The Year 3, 4, 5 and 6 teachers post curriculum notes to their respective class blogs each half term, again outlining the topics to be studied in class.
- The Heads will write a weekly Heads' blog with reviews, reflections and reports on the week in school and educational matters more generally.
- If you register, all of the above will be emailed to you automatically. To register, click here, select "subscribe to email updates" and enter your email address. We recommend you subscribe to at least three blogs - your child's class blog, the Heads' blog and the school news blog (news relevant to every parent).
- Parents already registered for class blog updates have been promoted to their child's new class automatically. You do not need to resubscribe. Miss McBride apologises for an unintended side effect of that promotion, which caused subscribers to receive the last ten posts in an email yesterday.
- The school diary includes information about trips, parents' evenings, term dates and much more.
- Each class has a Learning Portal which contains tools, learning resources and documents to aid your child's home and school learning. Lower School parents have received their child's password by email. Upper School children will receive their own password during class time.
- In addition, the All School Documents page of the website contains policies, dates, booking forms, handbooks, timetables, information about meals, transport, parking, and much more. This should be your first port of call if you have a routine query; however, if you cannot find an answer to your question then email or phone the staff in the office and they will be pleased to help.
St. Helen's is a busy school and no two weeks are the same. It is really important that parents keep up to date with classroom and co-curricular activities and events, and we have a number of information sources to help you to do so. All of the following information sources may be accessed through the school website.