What is Big Talk Homework?
The philosophy of talk homework is if a child can say it they can write it and we hope that as a result of talk homework our pupils will become more confident and ambitious in their writing. From time to time children will be asked to prepare some talk homework. They do not need to write down anything for this homework, but it would be beneficial to them if you could support them in thinking of wow words (exciting vocabulary) and long, clever sentences.
The Big Talk task will be linked to an extended writing task which will be done in school. The task will tell you what the talk topic for homework is. We would like you to spend some dedicated time discussing the task with your child.
This might involve:
* discussing potential characters, settings, plots
• sharing opinions on the topic
• using because to explain and justify opinions
• making links with how things were when you were young, or when your parents were young.
• discussion of whether things may be different in the future.
It is hoped that, through 'Big Talk' and your support, that your children will become even more successful writers!
Thank you in advance for your support.
Mrs. Savage (English Subject Leader)