The children have worked very hard this term and we hope that they enjoy their break.
We will not be setting any formal written homework, however we would like children to prepare a presentation to show to the class on their return. This will form part of their speaking and listening work for the term.
Please consider the following points when helping your child to prepare:
- The talk should last about 3-5 minutes.
- It should be on a subject that interests them but with some educational content eg. My Holiday To Portugal, should contain facts about the country as well as details of activities done. Other ideas may be: famous people, science, history, clubs, instruments played etc.
- Children should prepare cue cards to refer to, but the best talks are usually learnt and performed rather than read.
- Visual aids are helpful such as pictures, props etc.
- You may help your child to construct a Powerpoint presentation if this is an easier format in which to see pictures (which can be e-mailed into your child’s teacher).
- Children should rehearse so that they are confident and can speak loudly and clearly.
- The talks should be prepared for the first day of term and we will hear them during the first few days back.
Next half term we will be studying Tocuaro in Mexico and comparing it to life in Hillingdon. We will be having a presentation by a Mexican touring company on May 2nd; details to follow.
Science topics are: Plant Growth & Variation in Nature, and Animals.
Please remember that girls return in summer uniform. Boys should wear normal uniform with caps until shirt sleeve order is announced when the weather becomes hotter.
We hope that you all have a pleasant holiday and look forward to welcoming you back for the Summer Term.
Miss Maxwell Miss Hill